The greatest gift we can give our mothers is showing our appreciation and letting them know that we love them every chance that we get. At times, it is easier said than done but as we get older, not only do we turn into them (our mothers) but we learn to value all of those moments we would roll our eyes at before.
Mother's Day gives us a chance to spoil our mothers more than usual, and while my mom is satisfied with a hug, a kiss and our mere presence (my brother and I) we always go the extra mile with a gift that expresses our love for her.
Here are a few gift ideas for this upcoming Mother's Day.
- I think that a gift certificate to a spa is always welcome...there is no explanation needed here. I love Dorit Baxter in New York and both my mother and I have visited and thoroughly enjoy this spa.
- If your mom is into beauty and skincare, the Mother's Day themed GlossyBox is a perfect add-on gift. At $40 you get six full sized products that are worth over $430. Not bad!
- Who doesn't love a delicious fragrance? Sephora offers a wide range of brands that are usually made into gift sets perfect for the occasion. Jo Malone also has quite an array of beautiful scents for mom as well as her home. Just lovely!
- I already expressed my love of BaubleBar in my previous post so naturally I had to include them in my gift guide. They created a Mother's Day Shop with blogger and mom of three Love Taza. (love her blog) There are classic and fun, easy to wear pieces for the stylish mom...I may just pick some up for myself.
- We are a family of pajama lovers and I always like to gift my mom simple, soft and super comfortable pj's. The White Company has beautiful sleepwear that mom won't want to get out of. You can also find gifts for the home, candles and fragrances that are equally as beautiful.
- Of all of things listed, the one we enjoy the most is getting together and having a nice meal, preferably brunch and preferably a week before the Mother's Day rush. Of course, you could always fix the meal yourself but if you don't want to fuss, go out and enjoy a relaxed afternoon out. Some of our most frequented places in the city include Max Soha and Pisticci in West Harlem and French Roast in the Upper West Side. I mention all of these places in New York City because even though I live in Florida, my mom lives in New York and these are our favorite places.
I hope these options are helpful while shopping for Mother's Day. Don't forget to call your mom and tell her you love her. Cherish her.
"My mother...she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her" - Jodi Picoult